Image HTML map generator

Sunday, November 19, 2017

PERSONAL | cozy sunday out

Berlin has been very wet and cold lately (and the sun starts setting at 4pm nowadays), making it very hard for me to find the motivation to go out after work to do something interesting. Luckily there are some day-time events on the weekends for me to check out.

Today there was a special Dia de los Muetos themed breakfast market happening in Markthalle Neun, which I had been really looking forward to visiting. The decor was really festive and colourful and most of the regular Street Food Thursday vendors added a little Mexican twist to their menus.



I visited the market with my friend Ira, and we split a breakfast of buttermilk pancakes
and chicken & mole tacos. Odd combination.. but it was almost noon so it was basically lunch
and a dessert ok? :P


Later in the afternoon, I dropped by my friend Stanley's apartment in Charlottenberg.
He's been here two months already and this was the first time I was visiting. His roommate
really loves plants so their flat was filled with all sorts of lovely green things. They had a
massive Monstera hanging above the sink in the kitchen that I really wanted to take home with me.

Stanley made soup for our late lunch. I've been really into soups this past week--probably due
to the weather. Anyways, Stanley had some leftover beets lying in his fridge so he decided to
make { coconut beet soup }. The warmth from the soup really hit the spot especially since I got
caught in the rain on the way over to his. We even added this Radicchio filled pasta to the soup,
turning it into a really hearty stew. I want to try making this at home sometime when Roman
gets back from his trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment